Beauty by the River
This city is one that will truly take your breath away. This is partly due to the fact that you will climb no less than the equivalent of 30 flights of stairs a day, but mostly due to the city being one of immense beauty. The sentence, “I think this is the most beautiful place I’ve ever been”, left my mouth at least ten times on our first day there, and that feeling just grew the more we explored.
Luckily, I had a few friends who had studied abroad in this magical city, and they helped to make sure we had the best possible time imaginable. Knowing that you’re retracing the steps of some of your favorite people is such a fun and personal way to see a city.
Favorite Things to Do / See / Eat
- Charles Bridge: This bridge is absolutely stunning, and the river it crosses is even more so. We loved the walk across this bridge, but in my opinion, it’s even better to walk across a different, less crowded bridge, and just admire the beauty from afar.
- There are also many restaurants which are great for dinner with a view of the bridge. We loved one simply called “Marina”, which is actually on a boat!
- Trdlnik: I was wary of the carts selling this, as they are around every street corner- but this stuff is the real deal. Basically, a combination of a cinnamon roll & a churro, wrapped into one fluffy treat. Fill it with gelato, Nutella, you name it!
- Views: So this might not exactly be a specific thing to do, but seeing the city from above is absolutely a must-do. We did this from:
- the Charles Bridge tower
- Letna Park (there is also a beer garden here!!)
- Prague Castle
- Pedal-boats: This is another fabulous way to soak up the natural beauty of Prague, and it was super affordable as well! Just make sure you have cash, as most of the places don’t take cards.
- Lennon Wall: A typical tourist attraction, but nonetheless one that seriously touched my heart (so much that we went twice). Hearing a guitarist play and sing “Blackbird” and “Hey Jude”, while reading messages of peace and love truly could never get old.
This city is one that will leave me enchanted for years to come. From its glittering waters to its elegant towers, Prague is unmatched with its quaint, yet grand feel.